Thursday, August 12, 2021

Gaurav Mukesh: I prefer listening to Hindi film songs of the 80s and 90s, those tracks have feel and depth

 Music plays a very important role in everyone’s life, feels Gaurav Mukesh. There are songs for every occasion and mood. The actor adds that the diverse genres of music also help us connect to different artists closer home and also from various parts of the world.  

 
“My life is incomplete without music. I love listening to different kinds of songs. There is no particular genre that I would say is my favourite. It depends on my mood as to what I want to listen to and when. But yes I usually prefer listening to Hindi film songs of the 80s and 90s. Those tracks have the feel and depth,” he says adding that even when he is performing he asks his director to play some music as that helps him to concentrate and perform better.
 
His favourite singers are Rafi and Arijit Singh. “My favourite songs would be Tujhse Naraz Nahin Zindagi from Masoon and Gulabi Ankhen Jo Teri Dekhin from Sanam. I know how to play the guitar, bongo, changgo, drums, flute and piano. I learnt to play drums and bongo in school, the rest I learnt on my own,” reveals the actor, who is a part of the TV show Imlie.

Gaurav participated in several school events and functions. Though he had stage fright as a child, slowly he mastered the courage to give it a shot. He mentions that his friends and family have been the reason behind him shedding his fears.
 
Talking about the good old days of audio cassettes and CDs , when any kind of song is available online, he adds, “Change is the rule of nature. In those earlier times, there were not many facilities. Getting those cassettes and CDs was quite a task and had its own craze. Nowadays anything and everything is available in our phones and therefore on the go. And, that simply amazing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment