Sunday, September 26, 2021

Amarkant Dubey talks about his role in Sudhir Sharma's Ziddi Dil Maane Na

 Z


ddi Dil Maane Na actor Amarkant Dubey has opened up about his character that provides comic relief.

"One day suddenly I called up (producer) Sudhir to ask for someone's number so he said that he's got a role for me. I gave the audition and got selected. In the serial their academy is for commando training. So the mess/canteen in the academy's incharge is Baba Dilbagh. He's in charge and chef too. As he's old and working for 16 years in the mess/ canteen, he has jolly nature and does all the masti. Whenever they want to twist the story, they bring Baba Dilbagh. He's a comic relief. It's a very good role. I have certain restrictions Sudhir thought through before giving me the role. As I stay in the mess, I don't have to walk much," he said.

His character is a cook, who is a foodie. "I am a big foodie too. The character is Punjabi. As I have done a lot of work in the field of voicing, I didn't face any problem. As I am an actor, I've done a lot of work so I didn't face much difficulty. I really like the character. I believe everyday we get to learn so as and when the scene is performed, I get into the character. If the director likes the scene, I feel happy," he said.
Nowadays, there are good roles for actors of all ages even those who are over 50 years old. 
"In our times, we used to be fools (bewakoof). These days, the kids are very intelligent and mature. In our generation there was no maturity; it was rare. It used to come really late in our generation. This generation becomes mature fast. They make their own decisions and they make the right decisions. With them I get to learn and understand new things," said the veteran actor.
"People say that in my age bracket, there are a lot of artists who have stopped working so there are not many artists of this age. If I get work, I will do it. Now I am free. With my limitations, if someone offers me work I'll definitely do it. I can do all sorts of work. I have done a lot of negative roles. I did positive ones as well," he added.
Ziddi... is backed by with Seema and Sudhir's Sunshine production house.
"The sponsored programs that I used to write for radio, I used to direct for an ad agency in Worli, Sudhir came
there for voicing. Sudhir had come to Mumbai just then. He would come there and was a very good voice artist. Then we had a good tuning. I had a sponsored program for which I wrote and directed 100 to 150 stories. There as a hero, I used to take Sudhir. Then Seema came and they got married afterwards. My association with Sudhir is from that time. Sudhir would respect me," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment