Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Producer Anand Mishra enjoying his stint as a director: From being a producer when I turned a director it felt like a natural progression

 After tasting success as a producer of TV shows and ads, Anand Mishra’s next dream was to become a director. He started his new journey with music videos and also directed a short film.

 
“I always wanted to direct. From being a producer when I turned a director it felt like a natural progression. The positive feedback around the music videos and the short film motivated me to keep working hard,” says Mishra, who has created and produced the sports reality show Box Cricket League for Sony TV , Colors and MTV  and the award show, Television Style Awards for Colors, among others.
 
Speaking on his first break as a director for the holi song Rang Lagaya. He says,  “I told the producers that I am keen on directing a Holi song. Since we know each other well, they encouraged me to go ahead and gave me this song and also got top influencers like Adnaan Shaikh, Nisha Guragain, Sana khan ( on board. I am thankful for their support.”
 
Anand’s latest short film featuring Nyra Banerjee titled Summer of 2020 has been garnering good response. What’s unique about this story, we ask.  “As the title of the film suggests, the time span of the story is from March to June of 2020, when we all lived the first phase of the lockdown. So we all know how difficult the time was. In the film, we have shown the excitement, frustration and panic that most of us felt during the lockdown. The press and social media played a very important role by telling us about what's happening all over the world. We’ve tried to show a funny side to different kinds of relationships during this time. Nyra is a wonderful actress and has portrayed all the emotions perfectly. I am happy that the viewers have been enjoying the film and finding it relatable,” says the producer-director, adding that Summer of 2020 is streaming on Hungama Play.
 
Moving ahead, Anand has already finished another film starring Aparna Dixit and Manish Nagdev. “The film is in post-production now. Other than this there is another exciting project that I am currently working on. I’ll reveal more about this project soon,” he signs off.



No comments:

Post a Comment